Saturday, September 20, 2008

file under: not cool, not kind, not helpful

I'm a flickr user.

Since I've been on flickr, I've enjoyed the feeling of being part of a global photo community.

Photography is something that everyone can do (some obviously better or extraordinarily better than others). Anyone with an observant eye and the willingness to learn can improve at taking pictures. I love that about photography.

What I don't understand and don't love at all are flickr users who decide not to share their EXIF data when they upload photos. What's up with that?

If you're so paranoid about someone betraying the spirit of copyright and essentially stealing your image by going out and getting your exact same camera and trying to set up the exact same shot, then you should be wary of posting your images online at all. Otherwise, what's the harm in letting someone find out more about the images they like?

I was just looking at an image on flickr which had accompanying text by the photographer describing his flash set-up. Great, so then I scrolled down to click on the "more properties" link to find out more about how the image was shot ... but nope, no link there. I don't understand that sort of unwillingness to share.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home